Email or call for price
The U.S. Navy SEAL Guide to Nutrition
was originally developed for Navy SEAL trainees to help them meet the rigorous demands of the Naval Special Warfare (NSW) community. This comprehensive guide covers all the basics of physical well-being as well as advice for the specific challenges encountered in extreme conditions and mission-related activities. With a special emphasis on nutrition and healthy eating, everyone will benefit from these tried and true methods of guiding your body to peak physical condition.
Topics covered include:
- The relationship between energy expenditure and energy intake
- Body size and body mass index
- Energy-providing macronutrients and micronutrients
- When and how much to drink
- Healthy snacking
- Nutritional considerations for endurance activities and strength training
- Food for the field
Compiled by physicians and physiologists chosen for their intimate knowledge of the NSW and SEAL community, this manual is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to boost his or her health, nutrition, and general well-being.