The Trump Files: An Account of the Trump Administration's Effect on American Democracy, Human Rights, Science and Public Health
"Pained, outraged, yet ultimately hopeful that "those of us who care about free and fair elections will be out in droves" to vote, science educator Jack Hassard's sweeping indictment of Trumpism offers an exhaustive accounting of the former president's impact on American life, politics, democracy, and the globe itself" (BookLife Review).
Discover the truth about the Trump years with Citizen Jack's gripping and detailed account in The Trump Files.
Renowned science educator, researcher, blogger, and author Jack Hassard vividly documents the nation's turbulent Trump years and brings readers back to those troubling days. Through sharp, clear-eyed prose, he takes on racial injustice, the Trumpist worldview, and how science was diminished in the Trump era. The comprehensive analysis is heavily laden with supporting data and information to back up its claims, and it is a powerful reminder of the importance of the upcoming 2024 election.
Benefits of reading The Trump Files:
- Uncovering the truth about the Trump years
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the impact of the Trump administration
- Discovering robust, data-driven analysis to help inform decisions in the upcoming 2024 election
- Read and find answers to your questions about the Trump era.
- Learn how, as citizens, we can support and defend liberal democracy.
- Gain a new and interesting perspective on the Trump years.
- Untold Story: This book tells an untold story of the Trump Presidency.
- Enjoy: Enjoy the read
What's included in The Trump Files:
- Robert Jay Lifton's concept of "a witnessing professional."
- Charles R. Ault's introduction of Jack Hassard as "Citizen Jack."
- Smart, informed discussion inspired by the work of George Lakoff
- Of-their-moment blog posts reprinted throughout
- Insight into how a malevolent individual took to the task of undermining some foundational aspects of governance in CDC, EPA, and other functions of democracy
Uncover the truth and comprehensively understand the Trump years with The Trump Files.
The Trump Files is organized into six parts and thirteen chapters.
- Part I: Trumpism, sets the stage with the story of how extreme polarization of American society made it possible for Trump's "America First" policy to gain the White House. The story explores how an authoritarian president led America's democracy into danger.
- Part II: Human Rights, is a story of immigration violence, equity, and voting rights.
- Part III: Scrutiny, is a tale of Donald Trump's chronic violation of his oath of office.
- Part IV: Science, explains and documents how Trump's administration dismantled and diminished science in all areas of government at the peril of the Earth's air, water, land, climate, and-most importantly-citizens.
- Part V: COVID-19, is the tragedy of Donald Trump's failure as a leader during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic and the impact on millions of Americans and what happens if people are not told the truth about infectious diseases.
- Part VI: Departure, describes how Trump promoted the "Big Lie Conspiracy" that the 2020 election was stolen from him. It's a story of how Trump instigated political violence by sending right-wing mobs to seditiously attack the nation's Capitol, which led to his second impeachment for causing an insurrection.